Process for applicants outside of Canada

Since affiliation with the CKA depends on the province in which a Kinesiologist is practising, an application from outside of Canada should first decide in which province they are interested in practising and then follow the instructions for the chosen province. You must work or live in the province in which you would like to practise.


  1. Ontario (OKA)

Ontario is the only legislated province; thus, one must be recognized by the College of Kinesiology of Ontario. Visit
The provincial kinesiology association is the OKA. Visit:


  1. Quebec (FKQ)

For diplomas obtained outside of Canada, a comparative evaluation for studies done outside Quebec, issued by the Ministry of Immigration, Diversity and Inclusion, is required.



  1. British Columbia (BCAK)

The first step is a foreign credential evaluation ( with a full breakdown of courses and grades, because schools outside of Canada often don't have full programs in kinesiology.


It is required to have completed four core subjects: anatomy, physiology, biomechanics, and motor control/learning. Foreign-trained applicants must write and pass a competency exam covering these subjects. 


Also assessed is English language proficiency (some provinces where medical services are provided in French might assess French language proficiency). 


Full details can be found here. See pathways 2b and 2c.


  1. Other Provinces

The following are required:

Official final transcript (translated and notarized into English or French)
Full course descriptions for each course on the transcript (again notarized and translated)
TOEFL or equivalent if the country of origin does not have English as a first language

Courses would then be evaluated based on descriptions of known equivalents from Canadian universities to see if the applicant had taken similar courses to qualify.


Become affiliated or renew your CKA affiliation